Dear patients and accompanying relatives / caregivers,
Welcome to FUDA Cancer Hospital！Thank you for choosing and entrusting your healthcare to us. The purpose of our hospital is to provide our valued patients with sincere, comprehensive, and personalized care. We will endeavor to work with you so that our patients regain their health and quality of life. In order to make your stay with us as comfortable and safe as possible, we wish to bring to your attention the following admission information and seek your compliance, understanding and cooperation. During the duration of your hospitalization, you, the patient, are entitled to the following rights and privileges：
1. To receive medical treatment and preventive healthcare services.
2. To be kept informed about your medical diagnosis, prognosis, progress, treatment plan, expenses, risks, drug efficacy and post-recovery results and requirements. Please consult your doctor whenever you have queries and concerns. You also have the right to choose and decide your treatment plan.
3. To use the bell or telephone to call for help whenever you experience discomfort and require assistance. Your room number and number for the nurses' station are written on the telephone in your room. To call anyone inside the hospital, just dial "8" followed by the last three digits of their telephone number. We will immediately respond to your medical needs.
4. To appoint and assign a person, with the necessary legal capacity to act on your behalf with regards to medical consent and making medical decisions.
5. To receive certified true copies of your medical reports and other medical materials in accordance with the law at your discharge time.
6. To request your doctor to keep all your medical information confidential. Our hospital respects your personal information.
7. To be informed about all your medical costs on a daily basis, beginning on the second day of your admission. Please verify all daily medical bills on a daily basis and consult the head nurse if you have any questions.
8. Please note that all hospital employees do not accept any gifts in cash or kind (a "tip"). There is a suggestion box on every floor in our hospital and we welcome your valuable comments and suggestions.
During the duration of the patient's hospitalization, both the patient and the accompanying relatives / caregivers must comply with hospital regulations as outlined below：
(1) Provide accurate personal patient information including name, sex, age, personal ID number, address, medical reimbursement type etc.
(2)Provide full disclosure of all patient medical history and related conditions including medical history, treatment history, diagnosis, drug allergies etc.
(3) Follow doctors' and nurses' directions at all times.
(4) Ensure the patient wears the hospital's uniform and the patient wristband for identification purposes.
(5) Obtain the doctor-in-charge's written permission prior to the patient leaving the hospital.
(6) Obtain the permission of the head nurse prior to changing wards, rooms or beds.
(7) Ensure the patient is present in his/her room during medical rounds and scheduled treatments. If there are treatment or nursing problems, please inform your doctor or nurse immediately.
(8) Prior to receiving a specific examination, treatment, or surgery, your doctor will provide you with the necessary information that includes potential risks, and will require the patient's or patient's proxy to sign the medical consent form to confirm acceptance and understanding. The signed medical consent is a legal document， therefore please read it carefully before signing.
(9) In line with the patient's treatment plan and medical conditions, your doctor will discuss the patient's dietary and meal requirements. The hospital provides a dietitian who will help you to arrange your nutritious meals. Accompanying relatives/caregivers/family members/friends can also dine in the hospital restaurant (using the hospital meal card, no cash is accepted). Please notify your doctor or nurse immediately if there are specific patient dietary needs.
(10) Without your doctor's written permission, the patient must not consult or invite any outside doctor or medical personnel for diagnosis and or treatment. Furthermore, the patient must not consume any medication not approved by your doctor. Fuda Cancer Hospital will not be responsible for any consequences as a result of non-compliance to the above.
(11) To ensure your safety, the following are forbidden while within your room or ward: smoking, alcohol consumption, or high-capacity electrical appliances (including cooking appliances). In case of fire emergency, do not use the elevator， instead use the stairs next to the elevator. For emergencies call：020-38993907 or in-house call 8110.
(12) Do not lock your room door or bathroom door so that your doctors and nurses can access the patient at all times.
(13) Kindly note that the hospital wards are a public area. As such, please safe-keep your valuable belongings such as laptop, cash, documents and other valuables. Safety deposit boxes are available from the hospital cashiers upon application. The hospital is not liable for property loss caused by negligence.
(14) Infant patients, elderly patients, patients with mental or psychological problems, critically-ill patients and patients with special needs must have personal attendants at all times who will be responsible for the patient's daily needs. Between nurses' visits, always notify the doctor and nurses immediately should there be any changes to the patient's condition.
(15) Act responsibly towards public property, maintain a low noise level throughout the ward so as not to disturb other patients, and always practice hygiene, tidiness, safety and consideration towards others.
(16) When taking a shower, please turn on cold water first before hot water in order to avoid scalding. Always wear the hospital slippers, especially in the bathroom. Please be careful of wet, slippery surfaces.
(17) If sharing room with 2 to 6 patients, please turn off the TV between 12：00 PM to 2：30 PM and after 10：00 PM. Use the bedside lamp if you need light during the evenings. If necessary, you can raise the bedside railing to avoid falling. Climbing the door, window, balcony or other dangerous places is strictly prohibited.
(18) Close all windows and doors if you turn on the air conditioning. Please note that the best room temperature setting for central air-conditioning is 23-25℃.
(19) Our hospital uses a "pay-as-you-go" pre-payment (deposit) system. You will receive daily invoices and you must ensure that you maintain adequate funds in your account at all times. You can expect a notification should you have insufficient funds in your account. Please note that if insufficient funds remain in your account for three consecutive days, the hospital reserves the right to automatically terminate further medical services.
(20) Follow your doctor's medical directions and cooperate actively in the examination and treatment. In the late afternoon, before the patient's discharge day, please present all relevant deposit receipts to the cashier to complete the discharge procedure. Take heed of your doctor's post discharge recommendations and schedule of returning to Fuda Cancer Hospital for further medical examination and treatment.
(21) According to the Law, Exit of Foreigners and Rules governing the Implementation of the aforementioned law, in People's Republic of China on Entry and aliens who arrive at our hospital, shall report and register accommodation to the Jianghai/Tangxia Police Station within 24 hours. (Medical Service Center can make the arrangement for you)
Thank you for your support and cooperation. We wish you a quick recovery！